WELCOME

The date is August 1914. The British Expeditionary Force is in France and You're in the Royal Field Artillery. You're riding alongside one of the battery's gun limbers on its way to the assigned position on the east side of Mons, Belgium. This begins your journey into the Hell they called World War One. To purchase this historical memoir go to https://createspace.com/3649268

Monday, July 16, 2012

Time To Reflect


I've been on vacation traveling out west via a 40 foot motor-home. This has given me a chance to pause and gain a perspective on the events of the past several months, as well as contemplate the sequence of happenings for the next six months.

There are a few changes to the book that I feel important and I suppose I could make them before my returning home and shorten the turn-around time for publishing. However, seeing the book proof and thumbing through its pages is an important step in the process.

One reviewer suggested that I add more details about my grandfather, such as where and the date he was born. I suppose this would allow the reader to get to know a little more about the man before reading his adventures. How important this would be is an unknown and since I'm limited to the quantity of changes, I believe I'll focus on revising the genera from historical fiction to non-fiction or memoir. The only place I mention fiction is in the beginning of the book but to get around it will require several sentence changes.

I haven't received a response from any of the Amazon reviewers. It has only been a few days so I'll have to suck it up and wait before sending out additional inquiries.

Even though I read that writers should continue their writing in stead of marketing their book or books, I have a difficult time letting go and focusing on writing. Perhaps my lack of writing is because I never contemplated on becoming a writer. My only goal was to write and publish my grandfather's story. I feel marketing is essential in order to distribute the book and get it into the hands of as many readers as possible. Until I feel that I've given the book a chance of becoming a success, I will not be able to consider writing a follow up book.

No comments: