WELCOME

The date is August 1914. The British Expeditionary Force is in France and You're in the Royal Field Artillery. You're riding alongside one of the battery's gun limbers on its way to the assigned position on the east side of Mons, Belgium. This begins your journey into the Hell they called World War One. To purchase this historical memoir go to https://createspace.com/3649268

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Winner Is!


The Imperial War Museum in London will be the final resting place for my grandfather's journal and military documents; the Royal Artillery Museum didn't respond to my inquiry.

My contact at the RAM was excited to receive the original and said that he would be willing to meet with me if I decided to present the documents myself, which I would love to share with my two siblings. Along with my inquiry I included a description of my book and the story behind the journal. He stated that he would be interested in reading the book and offering a review. 


Since I have two proof copies of the book, I'll send one of them to him. If he enjoys the book, perhaps he can request the museum's bookstore to purchase a few. Maybe I could get the BBC involved by hyping the donation of my grandfather's documents and the corresponding book. This could be very interesting!

No comments: