WELCOME

The date is August 1914. The British Expeditionary Force is in France and You're in the Royal Field Artillery. You're riding alongside one of the battery's gun limbers on its way to the assigned position on the east side of Mons, Belgium. This begins your journey into the Hell they called World War One. To purchase this historical memoir go to https://createspace.com/3649268

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Spreading The Word


I just inquired if the editor for the Western Front Assc. received the journal transcription and the first half of the page images. I'm very interested in finding out his reaction to its contents.

The final manuscript was sent to my contact at the Imperial War Museum in  London. I would like his views on the content as well as it possible contribution towards presenting the personal side of war. I told him that I would send him a signed copy when the book is published.

Curious, I Googled the BBC on WWI and discovered that the Imperial War Museum is involved in a WWI project of collecting photographs and stories from families of WWI soldiers. They want to present them each week until the anniversary in 2014. I believe that my project would be an excellent source to contribute to their project.

I'm a member of the "Public Information Network", which covers topics for Public Radio/ TV. At times they present questions for members response. I decided to present a question for them to consider, "What do they know about the history of WWI". Perhaps they should consider getting the US involved in the 100th anniversary of the war.

No comments: