WELCOME

The date is August 1914. The British Expeditionary Force is in France and You're in the Royal Field Artillery. You're riding alongside one of the battery's gun limbers on its way to the assigned position on the east side of Mons, Belgium. This begins your journey into the Hell they called World War One. To purchase this historical memoir go to https://createspace.com/3649268

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Planning The Launch


I met with Nancy from the gallery that will host my first book launch. She sent out their news letter that included an ad for the launch (eyecandygallery@centurylink.net via mail29.us1.mcsv.net 
An ad is was also placed in a local magazine, the Pinestraw. 


I'm concerned if the book will be published in time to place an order and have it delivered to the art gallery in time for the
launching. 


There hasn't been any feedback from Ken, my WWI expert even-though it is the first of August and he said that he would
read it by the end of July.  I'm also waiting to hear from the webmaster from the Western Front Assoc. to see if he received 
the journal images I sent as well as the corresponding transcriptions. It seems that you try so hard to do what counts and 
then it comes down to depending on others and I'm helpless to influence the timing. 


This coming week I'll meet with my daughter to organize a time and place to give a presentation to a group of seniors in 
one of her healthcare facilities. I'm going to promote that they consider writing their stories for their family's. In the process 
I'll tell them about my experience in writing the book and the power of the journal. 

No comments: