WELCOME

The date is August 1914. The British Expeditionary Force is in France and You're in the Royal Field Artillery. You're riding alongside one of the battery's gun limbers on its way to the assigned position on the east side of Mons, Belgium. This begins your journey into the Hell they called World War One. To purchase this historical memoir go to https://createspace.com/3649268

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Houston! We Have a Problem


In one of my earlier postings I said that I talked with a customer service representative from Create Space regarding the correction of just one element. I thought that I gave her my approval of the remainder of the book so that once the correction was changed they could move on with printing.

Will it never goes like one believes it will. I received an email informing me that the service group applied for a proof book to be printed and shipped. Now I have to wait a few days for the book to be printed and a couple more for shipping. This would place the print date around August 17 th, just one week prior to my book launch. This is not good!!

I'm thinking of accepting the proof before I actually receive it in order to move up the print date. I examined the digital proof in detail and didn't fine an error so my comfort level is elevated.

I'll wait until Friday to see if they printed the book and shipped it. If it isn't, I'll accept the changes and the book should to into print next week and shipped by the end of the week. They should arrive at the gallery by the middle of the week of the 24th.

No comments: