WELCOME

The date is August 1914. The British Expeditionary Force is in France and You're in the Royal Field Artillery. You're riding alongside one of the battery's gun limbers on its way to the assigned position on the east side of Mons, Belgium. This begins your journey into the Hell they called World War One. To purchase this historical memoir go to https://createspace.com/3649268

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Imperial War Museum

Neil, a friend a got to know through the 'Great War Forum', contacted me about a new website created by the Imperial War Museum titled Lives of the First World War . I checked it out and found it very interesting. They are posting basic information on WWI soldiers obtained from the National Archives and give the general public the opportunity to input information they may have on a soldier. Their desire is to put the pieces of each soldier life together, beyond that of the basic military details.

Because I have my grandfather's WWI journal, I have stories on several soldiers who served with my grandfather. So I accessed the IWM site and did add stories on at least two soldiers I could locate on their site - Percy Bramwell and George Millington. I also corrected facts on my grandfather's information and added several stories as well as photos.

I recommend this website to all those who interested in WWI and would like to read about the lives of those that served.

My e-book World War 1 - An Unkept Promise contains my grandfather's compelling journal.

No comments: