WELCOME

The date is August 1914. The British Expeditionary Force is in France and You're in the Royal Field Artillery. You're riding alongside one of the battery's gun limbers on its way to the assigned position on the east side of Mons, Belgium. This begins your journey into the Hell they called World War One. To purchase this historical memoir go to https://createspace.com/3649268

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Book Review

As an author I am always interested in reading reviews of my work. Even though five star reviews are desirable, the three or lower star reviews offer insight into ways I can improve. However, there are some lower reviews which make me wonder why the person even bothered reading the story. One case in point was a review written by one person who admitted that they did not like non-fiction and especially books about war - so they rated my book, 'World War 1 - An Unkept Promise' three stars. So I asked myself, 'Did they give it three stars because the story was not written well, or because they did not like that type of story?'

Here is one that I received recently: 'Now a promise fulfilled. An excellent early war diary that brings one man's war into stark relief. While it stops in 1915 after Second Ypers, the story and context is compelling and altogether human.' It was written by  Walter J. Helm who lives in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, which to me is important for obvious reasons.

World War One - An Unkept Promise

No comments: