WELCOME

The date is August 1914. The British Expeditionary Force is in France and You're in the Royal Field Artillery. You're riding alongside one of the battery's gun limbers on its way to the assigned position on the east side of Mons, Belgium. This begins your journey into the Hell they called World War One. To purchase this historical memoir go to https://createspace.com/3649268

Monday, October 8, 2012

Review - Echoes of Armageddon, 1914-1918


I just finished reading the book written by B. Cory Kilvert Jr., "Echoes of Armageddon, 1914-1918. I really liked the book on many levels, the first being the human side of war. The author tells the story of the lives and deaths of eight British soldiers. While writing each story he weaves in his own experiences while researching the lives of each man. I was amazed by his efforts to uncover the details of each man's life and those people that were part of it. Perhaps if I would have read this before writing my book I could have picked up some pointers on how to find more about the three soldiers I was researching. However, he had at least a first and last name which I didn't, in fact I wasn't sure if any of the names were actual.

The book gives the reader background of the battles each soldier was involved in, as well as some overall political happenings that impacted the war.

In summary, the book does an excellent job of describing the horrors of war experienced by soldiers, families and their community. I would give this book five stars.

No comments: